Mattos Filho promotes 13 lawyers to partners
Prioritizing in-house talent with a view to the future, the firm’s largest-ever joint promotion brings its partner count to 134
Mattos Filho has announced that 13 of its lawyers have been promoted to the firm’s partnership, representing its Tax, Corporate/M&A, Infrastructure & Energy, Litigation & Arbitration and Labor, Employment & Executive Compensation practices.
In addition to reflecting the firm’s appreciation for in-house talent, these promotions align with the firm’s strategy to further expand the reach of its full-service operations in Brazil and strengthen its strategic relationships with clients.
“Our growth strategy is based on our vision for the long term. Together with identifying opportunities in markets with strong growth potential, we believe helping our professional talents develop their potential is fundamental to ensuring our business continues to flourish into the future. The joint promotion of 13 new partners is the biggest in the firm’s history and occurs in the wake of the hiring of two other partners. It reinforces our commitment to constantly providing innovative, specialized services that meet our clients’ needs,” says Roberto Quiroga, Mattos Filho’s managing partner.
Mattos Filho’s new partners are (in alphabetical order):
- Adriano Moura (Tax)
- Anderson Jardim d’Avila (Corporate/M&A)
- Bruno Chedid (Infrastructure & Energy)
- Guilherme Bouzan (Corporate/M&A)
- Isabela Vidigal (Litigation & Arbitration)
- João Cavalcanti (Corporate/M&A)
- João Vicente Pereira de Assis (Litigation & Arbitration)
- Rafael Caetano de Oliveira (Labor, Employment & Executive Compensation)
- Renato Villaça Di Dio (Infrastructure & Energy)
- Ricardo Cosentino (Tax)
- Sofia Barbosa (Infrastructure & Energy)
- Stefano Motta (Litigation & Arbitration)
- Waleska Morais Pozzani (Tax)
Ten of the new partners are based in São Paulo, two in Rio de Janeiro (Bruno Chedid and Ricardo Cosentino), and one in Brasília (Rafael Caetano).